How To: Find an Internship
Not sure where to start? Begin your internship search by following the steps below:
1.) Career Exploration
Identify an area of career interest, use the links below to assist in your search:
- What Can I Do With This Major: Explore majors and search for career information
- CliftonStrengths: A development tool, which provides an individual with their “Top 5” strengths
- Focus2: A career, major and education planning system
2.) Resume & Cover Letters
Schedule an appointment with a career coach on Handshake or come to Drop-In Hours
Find resume examples in our Handshake resources, or stop by Slavin 108 for our resume tip sheet.
- Vmock: Create or improve your resume
- FriarLink: Network with Alumni and join career communities
- October 5 Career EXPO: Sign up on Handshake and attend the career EXPO to network with over 100 employers and discover internship and post-graduate opportunities. Come dressed to impress!
- Career Conversations: Explore your career curiosities by chatting with an employer virtually. Check Handshake and Instagram (@pcfriarlife) to find out when Career Conversations are happening!
- Snacks With Students: Enjoy snacks and casual conversation with employers while you explore career opportunities! Find out when employers are coming to campus on Handshake or on Instagram.
4.) Find Opportunities
- Mock interview with a Career Coach by making an appointment
- Big Interview: Practice interviewing from the comfort of your room
- Email a thank-you note after your interview. Find examples on Handshake or stop by Drop-In Hours for help!
Our career coaches are here to help! To meet with a coach, visit Handshake to schedule a one-on-one appointment, or stop by Drop-In Hours for quick questions.